Auckland's professional orchestra invites you to a fun, free orchestral experience for all ages.
Enjoy performances, meet the musicians and hear their instruments up close in an afternoon of musical exploration.
- Listen as new composers create new music
- Auckland Mandolinata Orchestra (1pm)
- Hear a performance with the APO and Town Hall organ (2pm)
- Take a tour inside the organ (2.30pm)
- The full orchestra performs Prokofiev's Cinderella, Smetana's Bartered Bride Overture (1.30pm), the Sailor's Hornpipe and Hava Nagila (3.30pm)
- Hear soprano Emma Sloman and violinist Shauno Isomura perform with the orchestra (3pm)
PLUS instrument making, Music Zoo, an introduction to the Sibelius music notation programme, meet a violin maker, trade stands, the Tironui Trust string orchestra performing with the APO and much more
blog comments powered by Disqus
Sat 13 October 2012
Auckland Town Hall
Click here to download a full programme of events for the afternoon.