An Evening with Kirill Gerstein
Enjoy your experience
PRE CONCERT DINING
El Faro Spanish Restaurant & Tapas Bar – Elliott Stables APO subscribers can enjoy 10% off any purchase off all food & beverages and begin your concert night experience with a delicious Spanish inspired meal for a reasonable price. Set in the heritage Elliott Stables, you’re only a few steps from the Auckland Town Hall. Click HERE for directions.
WHEELCHAIR & HEARING IMPAIRED FACILITIES
- Wheelchair Access – there is lift or ramp access to all levels of the Auckland Town Hall Foyers. Wheelchairs can be accommodated in the Stalls level of the Great Hall. Please advise ticketing staff when booking if you require these positions when booking.
- Hearing Impaired – an Induction Loop System is available with full coverage in most seats. Just tune your Hearing Aid to the T Position For any questions relating to THE EDGE venues or patrons services go to www.the-edge.co.nz “Your Visit” or ph (09) 307 5060.
LET’S TALK MUSIC
Our free pre-concert talks offer a fascinating insight into the music you are about to experience. Each talk takes place one hour before the concert starts. It’s your chance to listen to guest speakers, to discover more about composers, music and musicians. Join us in the Supper Room at 7pm and let us set the scene for the music.
MEET THE MUSICIANS
Enjoy live jazz and a drink with the musicians, soloists and conductors after most APO concerts in the Auckland Town Hall D Bar.
Concerts in the APN News & Media Premier Series, Great Classics Series, Splendour Series, Opera in Concert and Choral Masterpieces are broadcast live on Radio New Zealand Concert (92.6 MHz).
FREE TRAINS AND BUSES TO CONCERTS
Take advantage of our recently announced partnership with Auckland Transport (AT) that includes free use of public transport to and from APO concerts with an event ticket.
From the start of the 2015 season APO patrons can use their concert ticket to travel on the train services operating on the western, southern and eastern lines, and the Northern Express bus service three hours prior to, and for one hour following all APO mainstage concerts at the Town Hall.
Using public transport is a great alternative to driving a car and parking in the city. All services terminate at Britomart, and from there it’s a short Link bus ride up or down Queen Street to or from the Town Hall, which is $0.50 with an AT Hop card or $1.00 for a casual cash fare.
For more information about the AT bus and train timetables visit https://at.govt.nz/bus-train-ferry/timetables.
$10 DOOR TO DOOR BUSES TO CONCERTS
Another way to avoid parking hassles and driving in the city are bus services organised by the APO Friends. The Friends organise buses to most APO concerts, depending on demand, for just $10 per round trip. Bus services run from the following destination, and you can be picked up at a spot on the route that is most convenient to you:
- Bus 1: Papakura – Manurewa – Papatoetoe
For more info call Convener Helen Higgott: Ph (09) 298 1213
- Bus 2: Howick – Pakuranga – Sunhill –Panmure – Meadowbank – Remuera
For more info call Convener John Pybus: (09) 534 7415
- Bus 3: Devonport – Hauraki Corner –Takapuna – Milford – Northbridge
For more info call Convener Anne Norris: (09) 446 1228
- Bus 4: Glendene – Pinesong – Crestwood – Glenburn
For more info call Convener Liane Hume: Ph (09) 817 0476
Alternatively, use public transport or arrive early and enjoy a pre-concert snack, or attend our Pre-Concert Talks.