Become a Chair Donor
The goal of the Chair Donor programme is to enable loyal supporters and philanthropists the chance to form a relationship with the orchestra family – both musicians and staff – in a more informal and intimate setting than the concert hall.
What is a Chair Donor?
A Chair Donor is a loyal patron of the APO who makes a private donation to support a chair – or musician – in the orchestra. By doing this the Chair Donor enjoys a unique and close relationship with both orchestra and their ‘adopted’ musician.
How do I become a Chair Donor?
Any private individual or company that donates more than $4000 per annum to the APO will receive an invitation to become a Tutti Chair Donor. Indivduals or companies who donate over $6000 can become Principal Chair Donors. The Concertmaster Chairs are available to donors over $10,000. All Chair Donations are subject to availability.
What do I get as a Chair Donor?
- Invitations to special events, including access to rehearsals (with wine and canapés), the annual Chair Donor’s function, and opportunities to meet your player and other musicians and staff.
- Acknowledgment in all APO programme books (unless anonymity requested)
- Personalised priority ticket booking service through dedicated staff members for all APO concerts.
- Free ticket exchange within each APO season concert series (subject to availability).
- Priority rights to purchase tables at APO special events (Guild Summer Concert, etc).
- Exclusive APO Chair Donor lapel pin – a silver and diamond pin made especially for the APO to be gifted to donors who join the Chair Donor programme.
For further information on becoming a Chair Donor, please contact our Fundraising Manager, by phoning (09) 623 5628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org